In class quiz.
Review of gray level slicing / levelsets / and bit plane slicing.
Review of Euclidean Transformations.
Linear Operations on Images
- Image Averaging as a method of suppressing noise.
- Definition of a empirical distribution
- Goal of histogram equalization
- Continuous formulation
- Discrete Implementation
- MATLAB details and hints
- Histogram equalization does not always enhance an image, sometimes it can reduce the dynamic range of interesting structures due to anomalies in the computed empirical distribution.
- Lab 2 handed out and laboratory preparation homework was given.