Sources Shadows and Shading
- Definition of a point source.
- Decay of energy as a function of distance from the source.
Shading model for Point sources
- Shading model for a point source close to the object.
- Shading model for a point source at infinity.
Local Shading Model
- Superposition of radiosity due to multiple light sources
- Ambient illumination
Vector Calculus for Raycasting
- Definition of raycasting
- Computation of the intersection of a sphere and a line.
- Computation of the intersection of a cylinder and a line.
- Computation of the closest distance between a point and a line.
- Review of camera coordinate system conversions, going from pixel coordinates to physical coordinates.
Project : Implement a primitive 3D rendering system in MATLAB. The system will render ideal surfaces such as the sphere as well as arbitrary 3D polygon meshes using helper applications provided to read the 3D files.