Photometric Stereo (Estimating 3D Shape from Shading)
- Aside : How to compute surface normals for parametric surfaces.
- The surface reconstruction setup and assumptions.
- The photometric stereo reconstruction equations and how to solve them.
- How to reduce the influence of shadows in photometric surface reconstruction.
- Recovering normals and surface albedo from a set of N images.
- The differential geometry of Monge Patches.
- Estimating the difference images (x-partial-differential and y-partial-differential) from the components of the estimated normals.
- Checking the solution for consistency, i.e., checking the mixed second partial derivatives.
- Reconstructing surface shape by numerical contour integration.
Using range sensors to obtain 3D depth of object surfaces :
- Active range sensing and examples
- Passive range sensing and examples
- Problem setup : Reconstructing depth by projecting a laser stripe onto a 3D object.
- Derivation of the sensor model.
- Equations to be solved and their solution.