- Complex exponentials and their relationship to sinusoids.
- Sinusoids scaled by an exponential, growing, decreasing and constant.
- The difference between discrete frequency and continuous frequency
- Computing the fundamental period of a sinusoid.
Introduction to MATLAB
- specifying vectors
- complex numbers
- vector operations: transpose, negate, conjugate
- plotting, plotting signal groups
- labeling plots
- System linearity (Additivity & Homogeniety)
- System time (shift) invariance
- Memoryless Systems
- Stability (in the BIBO sense)
- Passive and Lossless
Know how to proove a discrete system is either linear or non-linear.
Know how to proove a discrete system is either time invariant or time varying.
Know how to proove a discrete system is BIBO stable, causal or acausal.
Digital Filtering and Convolution Definition
- Convolution sum
- Impulse response, FIR digital filter, IIR digital filter.
Recognize an IIR filter from a schematic diagram.
Properties of convolution:
Collections of LTI systems:
- Know the effect of cascaded LTI systems.
- Know the effect of parallelized LTI systems.